Thursday, July 14, 2011

New York and a New Baby!


I didn't post anything for quite a while. We had a very busy time. Most important - my son and daughter-in -law had a baby boy, lovely cute little baby E.! Thank God, we are so happy.
Two days before the baby was born his mother and father had their MD graduation ceremony (very considerate baby). And the same day we came back from a visit to New York. No time for sewing.

Summer rain in Manhattan

New York is always wonderful to visit, winter or summer, hot or cold. We had a great time, and on top of all - I had a fabric shopping spree! I didn't have much time, only 5 days, so I ordered lots of solids from the wonderful Jackie of Canton Village Quilt Works. The parcel arrived promptly, and the fabrics were beautifully packed. I can't wait to start cutting into them.



I managed to visit just one quilt store (The City Quilter), and went a bit overboard with fabrics purchasing... My son, who was with me, said: "you're like a child in a toy store". How true, but what a pleasure. I'll show the fabrics in the coming posts.

Now I have to open the machine and start working. Need to finish Pretty in Pink and start a baby quilt for beautiful baby E. (Blue? maybe red? we'll see)


Thanks for stopping by, and for those of you in the Northern hemisphere - enjoy summer!Link

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations ...babies are miracles every time...such joy....love your pretty in pink quilt...!
    Warm greetings from south africa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had been wondering about you -- I'm always glad when blog hiatuses are because of good things: travel & a BABY! Congratulations to everyone!
    Your solids are beautiful. Will you show us what you got at City Quilter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mazel Tov! Being a grandparent is like nothing else! Thanks also for sharing these lovely solids you bought. Waiting to see the other treasures!
    Hadassah

    ReplyDelete